SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Did You Ever Have One of Those Months?

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

(Sigh!) I'm not usually a whiner. I'm a pretty positive, upbeat person, actually, but this has been such a crazy, frustrating month for me!

Our in-floor heating system has died 3 times on us, leaving the house like an icebox for days each time, while the heating & cooling company tried to fix it. It's fixed again, the house is warm once more . . . and hopefully stays that way!

I had to have an emergency root canal and crown right after New Years and just found out that I need a crown on another tooth that broke. And I have great teeth . . . or did :~(

This past Friday morning, during a sleet and hail storm, the power went out. When it came back on later, I went to close the garage door and the garage door opener's motor started on fire! Thank goodness I was in the garage when it started up and I could get it put out before it spread to the roof! Of course, this was all after DH had left for work! DH & I spent almost all of this past weekend out in our freezing cold (29-degrees here this weekend) garage trying to install a new, high-tec opener. But, after all that, it's up but still not working, and I injured my shoulder yesterday trying to get the door up and down manually. Grrrr, to husbands that want to do every repair themselves, even if a qualified repair person could have done it in 1/10 the time . . . and finished the job!

On top of all this, my 2007 Toyota minivan has died three times on us this month, the third time just this morning when I went out to drive DD to the school bus stop. Since DH was already at the office 30 minutes away with a waiting room of sick patients, he was no help. DS left his car here for the time being, now that he's in the Army. I go out to use his car and HIS battery is dead! I think packrats have chewed through the wiring again. So, Emily runs down to the bus stop, but she misses her bus. And, being a 15 y/o teenage female, she promptly bursts into sobs. By that time, I wanted to sit right down next to her and cry, too! But, I can't because moms need to be strong and calm at times like that, especially when their teeneage daughters are freaking out. It's NOT a good idea to add fuel to THAT fire (LOL)! Thank goodness our retired neighbor was home and could drive Emily to school!

I called AAA and they came and towed my minivan to the dealership to be fixed once again. I've just gotten a call from the dealership: the battery is bad but they've replaced it and everything else is checked out and now working fine. It was still under warranty so there was no charge for that . . . BUT the brakes are just about shot and need replacing before the drums are damaged! So, they're doing this at the moment and I should get my car back this evening. Good news on that, at least!

You know, just reading this sounds so bizarre, I have to chuckle, although my head still aches from all the stress this morning! So, I'm stuck at home for the time being and thought to myself, "I really need SOMETHING to perk me up a bit", and came here to our forum and you all! I've been reading your latest posts and enjoying all the great pics and I already feel much better. Thanks for letting rant for a few minutes.

Lynn

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert
More Discussions