SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Ever had 'one of those' weeks?

doucanoe
14 years ago

It's only a few days before my daughter's wedding and I find myself wishing we could push it out a few weeks. But alas, I can't.

Erin (the bride) fell and sprained her ankle a week and a half ago. Up until a couple of days ago she was walking with a crutch. Hope she'll be able to dance at her wedding!

Frank is not doing well at all. I visited him on Saturday and it was extremely difficult to see him get frustrated as he tried to communicate, and having so much difficulty doing mundane things such as feed himself. He really wants to go home but can't fully comprehend why he cannot.

Now they have found blood clots on his lungs. Unfortunately, the medicine they use to combat blood clots also has the tendency to cause bleeding in the brain. Talk about a rock and a hard spot! If he gets thru this, the docs now say he may have 3 months. Have I mentioned that cancer SUCKS????

My 11 year old German Shepherd, Mojo has been diagnosed with a very weird disease-Canine Vestibular Disease. In a nutshell it is like an inner ear infection without the infection. He is in the midst of his second bout within 3 weeks. He was fine and then, out of the blue started falling down. He walks like he is drunk and cannot keep his balance. He won't eat. He'll only drink water if I scoop some up in my cupped hand for him.

They say it is not serious, it will just go away on it's own. Takes anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. The first bout took a week, but then he was only good for a week and it came back twice as bad as the first bout. It's awful to watch your baby stumble around all freaked out and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

I was offered a job. Sounds like good news, right? Not.

It is at the hospital, a job similar to what I am/was doing at my current job, but including weekends and holidays. I really didn't want to take it (for that and a number of other reasons), but feel I had no choice. My hours at my current job had been cut from 30-35 hours a week to 24-30 hurs a month. We need the income. So I start August 3rd. Not really looking forward to it, but I figure if I can stick it out 6 months I can see what other jobs within the company I can transfer to, but for now I at least have a job. I'll make the best of it while I am there.

(For those of you wondering....I decided not to pursue a career in the insurance business.)

Sorry to whine, it's just been a crappy couple of weeks and I guess I just needed an outlet. Along with a bunch of little things, it's one of those times when nothing seems to be going right.

Linda

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor