SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cookin45

4 burners or 6?

cookin45
16 years ago

Long time Lurker, First time Poster!

First I have to say Wow! and Thanks for everyone's posts. This site has been invaluable in helping me with research on my future home and kitchen remodel.

A brief background and then my 2 part question for all you experts: We will be doing our remodel in stages. First a family room bump out, some bathroom updating, hardwood flooring and then within the next year or two, the kitchen gut! We are a family of 5,DH, myself and 3 little ones. I cook dinner every night, bake quite frequently, cookies and banana bread mostly, and we love pancakes on the weekends!

Question 1: Should I live with my current stove (a Kenmore electric coil top, truly awful, came with the house) or should I upgrade to a better "temporary" stove or upgrade to my final remodel range - a 30 or 36 DF Wolf? Current opening is for a 30inch but when the final remodel happens this can change.

Question 2: For those of you with 4 burners, do you ever find yourself wishing for additional burners? How about those with 6 burners? Do you find yourself frequently using more than 4 at a time?

In the final remodel I'm thinking since we'll have more room, I'd like to have an additional wall oven for those Thanksgiving casseroles which makes me lean towards being satisfied with a 30 inch range. What do you all think? Oops, sorry, guess that's more than 2 questions!

Thanks again for a great site and TIA for any advice!

Comments (17)