SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinson622

My head is going to explode...how can I adjust this plan by Sat.

robinson622
15 years ago

Hi All,

We are adding a 1500 sq ft addition to our ranch home. I think I've figured out the second floor pretty well, as well as, most of the first floor.

The part I can't figure out is the dining room. I wasn't even planning on having a dining room, I figured I'd have an eat in kitchen somehow, but the arch. added the kitchen off the back of the house, which is fine too. However, the dining area is too big, and I just think that hall is going to be too dark. That dining area wall might need to be opened up a bit. Do you think that hall is weird? I thought of recessing one of the walls and putting some small recessed lights with an area for pictures, etc. to give it some light at night.

Should I leave the cabinet area to the left of the pantry. I'd like to make the pantry larger, since the kitchen isn't very big.

I did not layout my kitchen yet, so there will be changes. These plans were just a first drawing to get an idea of what we wanted to do with our addition/remodel and how the rooms would change.

If I do extend the pantry back should I only go back 5 or 6 ft. so there is an opening from the hall to the dining room. My dad's room will be where the den is all the way to the right from the foyer.

Please suggest whatever you'd like. I'm open to anything.

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen dining

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths