SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athensmomof3_gw

Charlotte, NC - best prices on tile?

athensmomof3
11 years ago

I finished building 6 months ago and used a lot of tile in our house. I bought a lot from Topcu (sale to contractors and designers only) and some (porcelain) from Floor and Decor. The prices were very good. The Topcu tile, from what I understand, is the same tile that is sold to high end tile stores - they are the middle man but also sell direct to contractors. They deal only in real stone - no porcelain. The quality was the same (really the tiles were identical) to those sold at Traditions in Tile. Both Topcu and Floor and Decor (and Traditions) are in Atlanta.

My sister has picked some of the same stuff out in Charlotte and the prices are unreal! The marble hex for her shower floor was 35.00 a square foot. The Topcu version is 24.00 retail, 12.00 cost. It is the exact same tile. Likewise, the porcelain tiles are much higher than Floor and Decor prices (which I found to be great and the quality very good, at least what I bought).

Not sure where she has gone so far, but is there anywhere she should check out? Somewhere like Topcu that directly imports and sells only to contractors?

She saved 7500 by substituting the Topcu tiles for her master bath and back hall area - exact same thing she picked out. . . In fact, she wanted to copy my back hall which I got at Topcu and when she found it in Charlotte it was 3 times as much.

Comment (1)