SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmettbrown85

Frigidaire quality is horrible

EmmettBrown85
11 years ago

Note to everyone, never EVER buy Frigidaire. I bought a stove/micro/dishwasher/fridge and they all have problems and Electrolux is the worst company on earth to deal with.
1. Frigidaire Gallery microwave: worst of the lot. Fit and finish isnt great, the thing rattles ALL THE TIME due to horrible design. The metal is about 1/64th of an inch thick and they use 'screws' which threads are about 1/8th apart, thus lots of room for movement. I've had 9 visits by 2 tech companies - they've put in larger screws, larger bolts, no success. 8 bolts to be exact.
2. Frigidaire Professional D/W: doesnt clean well, my 10yr old Kenmore that i got rid of cleaned better! And the motor is unbelievably loud when emptying water. The track on the door for the bottom rack is very shallow thus its constantly derailing.
3. Frigidaire Gallery Fridge: humming noise comes and goes, very loud. They cant figure it out and wont do anything. Doors are closed but they dont register as closed which results in the alarm constantly going off.
4: Stove: cheap parts - the tray on the bottom has plastic 'stops' which are hit by sharp metal from the drawer side - which cuts the plastic and the door goes in too much. CRAP design. Oven also takes VERY LONG to heat up.

Electrolux has been of zero help!! they say call the service co, service co. says to call Electrolux, Electrolux says to call service co. I used the self clean for the first time and the over door wouldnt open. Electrolux said "i'm customer service, i cant help you" and to call a service co, they'll help for free. Service co. said $105. NIGHTMARE!!!

Comments (7)