SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muscat_gw

please critique my plan

15 years ago

I'm doing a face-lift remodel in a 1950's ranch style house in CA. I'd LOVE any input you have on the direction(s) I'm going so far. I have pics of the room, a "sketch-up" of what I ROUGHLY imagine, and I think we have picked a cabinet style.

Here's the room now:

{{gwi:1399520}}

{{gwi:1399521}}

The toilet, tub and tub surround and closet will stay. There will be a new shower curtain and rod, the curved kind. Most of the changes will be the vanity, medicine cabs, lights, window, paint and floor. Here's a sketch-up of the room, with the closet left out so that the rest is easier to see. The lights, etc, were just stock images I imported.

{{gwi:1399522}}

Everything is pretty generic now, and I want the room to end up feeling casual, clean but rustic, and relaxing/garden-like.

The cabinets we *think* we have chosen are lightly stained hickory in a mission/shaker style.

http://www.kraftmaid.com/doorsfinishes/index.cfm?navigationid=313X0&doorstyleid=180

The double vanity top will be solid surface light color, likely bone or a lightly speckly greenish pattern. There will be two wall mounted medicine cabs, with lighting totally undetermined.

I'm thinking about adding a shower curtain with a faint leafy or bamboo pattern, a stained wood window ledge for my orchids, and painting the walls a light sagey green or gold color. I am not sure whether to tile the backsplash, or just leave a little 4" splash, and what to do with the walls around the toilet, if anything. Just paint? The closet will have a curtain rather than a door.

I'm flailing around a bit styling this room- any thoughts?

Yes, it is a budget project :)

Comments (19)