SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjr220

Comments/Experience w/ Electrolux 26 CF SxS frig

rjr220
14 years ago

Looking for "the" unit to replace our old, loved, but large Subzero's. I've been frightened by the recent thread regarding consumeraffairs.com, it seems that the frigs that are in my budget are seemingly bound to disappoint. We were planning on a FD w/bottom freezer, but I have my doubts on this decision, as my husband has a back issue. No matter what we get, I'll need to get a freezer for the garage to replace the 20 CF we're losing in the SZ.

So tonight I was cruising the local Lowes. They have a 26 CF, Electrolux EI26SS55GS Stainless side by side on clearance for $1,000. Online it's $2299.00 There's a small (less than an inch wide, goes in no more than 1/4 inch) dent in right side: this would be covered by a panel. Online reviews seem positive, except that the ice is ejected too forcefully from icemaker. 5 year protection plan would be about $100 bucks, since you only pay based on purchase price.

I'm thinking to go for it. 1K is more than half of what I was looking to spend -- and I figure that if I don't like it, it's $1000 vs $2500. I use it for 5 years and sell it on Craigslist.

Any opinions? Insights I'm not considering? Am x-posting on kitchens as well. TIA.

Comments (3)