SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Which dishwasher in $500 range

10 years ago

My last dw was a Kenmore Ultrawash...cost $689 installed. Each year it would stop cleaning and I'd have to take it apart and clear the area by the chopper...see you tube videos...a real in in the neck.

Well, now, fter 6 years it does not seem to fill...you get a little water but nothing near the heating element fill level...not to mention nothing makes it to the spray bars.

I tried to clean the area near the chopper too...twice. It sounds like its running but it does not appear to be filling properly...I am guessing its not worth fixing unless someone out there has a suggestion.

If not, what can I get for $500 that will last longer than 6 years is be fairly quiet. I do not want to pay more...I tried that years ago when Maytag was King and got burned.

There is a Bosch model for $550 and their is a perception that Bosch is of higher quality...but I just read numerous reviews of folks disliking the Bosch....

The kids at Sears really did not even know his product line...told me $279 Kenmore was the same as a $469 Kenmore. To be honest nothing looks as well made as the model I have now and it only lasted 6 years!

Ideas please?

Ideally it will be available in Bisque, I do not need a stainless interior, should be on the quiet side, maybe have folding tines...

Comments (9)