SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Diswasher Won't Fill, Ideas

andrelaplume2
10 years ago

Our 6 year old Kenmore Ultrawash is not cleaning anymore. Usually, when this occurs, I take everything apart and clean the area near the chopper. No luck this time.

I ran a fast wash with everything apart. I notice a little bit water appearing in the chopper area, certainly not enough to wash with...rising no where near the heating element.

I assume its either the float....which I have been unable to find on the Kenmore, the water inlet valve...which I am unsure how to tell if this is the culprit since I thought that when this part died **no** water would appear in the tub at all...or finally the pump...which I think means get a new dw!

Thoughts?

If it is indeed DOA...what brand can I look at that is quiet and hopefully will last more than 6 years in the $500 price range. I paid $$$$ for a Maytag years ago and it did not last much longer than the Kenmore...and I think Maytag's name has become mud. There is a $550 Bosch model that rated decently in CR...but there are a lot of nasty reviews about it. The comparable Kenmore o mine seems to be of far lesser quality. Again, thoughts?

Comments (9)