SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Help please. Separate light in toilet alcove? PIC

12 years ago

Quick question: our bathroom is approx. 10x10. The shower/tub is inside an arched alcove and has a fan/light inside. Between the end of the shower wall and the outside wall is the toilet alcove, open to the ceiling per an earlier suggestion here. Alcove measures 40" wide x 36" deep x 9' ceiling. There is one bathroom window approx.4 ft outside the toilet alcove and there will be one ceiling light centered in the room proper, between the shower and vanity on the opposite wall.

I say we need a light in the toilet alcove... not just for light but also for the height of the ceiling. I'm picturing a small chandelier type fixture. DH thinks no light is necessary at all in there because the ceiling light is only 3' away and there is a window 4' in front of the alcove. I'm trying to point out that the alcove is walled in at the end of the shower and the ceiling light illumination will not make it into the back of the alcove.

What say you? If you do think it needs a light, where would you switch it? At the entry door or in the alcove?

Thanks

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor