SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

I am bursting with excitement....

phoggie
11 years ago

My wonderful Amish crew started my house on November 24...and my contractor said I should be able to move in within the next 10 days to 2 weeks! I am bursting with excitement. This has been a wonderful build..and we did it with no contract...just our good word to each other. It made me feel good tonight when he said I had been such a pleasure to work with...I knew what I wanted...had no change orders..he permitted me to purchase many things that usually he does because I had such good knowledge of the building process...I had everything to him and he never had to wait for any materials......and I am a 71 year old widow!

Granted...my house is only 1638 sf and one level, but so much thought has gone into this build....and I am proud to say that it has come together even better in person than it in my head.

I had read so many horror stories on this forum of other people's builds that I was scared to undertake this by myself, but I believe my DH was looking down on me and giving me his guidance..and I believe he would be happy for me.

Comments (26)