SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olivesmom_gw

When during construction is the septic system installed?

olivesmom
11 years ago

We are back to looking at a bank owned property that needs some work. The home was constructed in 2007 and almost completed, but has been vacant the entIre time. One of the concerns is the septic system. The listing cryptically states something about a "septic situation". I have contacted the county regarding this, but apparently the guy who handles this only works two hours a day and appears not all that interested in responding to me.

I have zero experience with septic systems. When looking at the property there is some black tubing coming out of the crawl space and it goes all the way behind the house into the brush/ woods without connecting to anything. I'm wondering if this is some waste water pipe or something and if it isn't hooked up because the septic system isn't installed yet?

So at what point during construction is the entire septic system installed? This house was almost complete, save for the kitchen appliances, faucets and a couple of toilets. I would find it hard to believe that the septic system would not have been installed already, but obviously there is some sort of situation.

Clearly I need to get an answer from the county and I may have to show up in person to do so, but in the meantime of anyone could provide any info on septic installation timeframes that would be great. Thanks, oh and I do have photos of the black tubing thing if it would help.

Comments (11)