SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Need Help Identifying Old Clock

ladyamity
16 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I am a regular on the Decorating Board but finding this Antique/Collectible board this morning I thought this would be a better place to ask about this clock.

I've looked and looked on the web since last Saturday for information about this clock but being I don't know anything about clocks I couldn't even come close to finding the 'A' in a square that is printed on the paper where the clock's numbers are.

So, my questions----

Updating our home owner's information last weekend we realized we didn't have any information on this clock that my son bought me years and years ago from a little shop that was going out of business.

The clock wasn't for sale, it was hanging on the shop's wall but my son instantly noticed the leaves on the pendulum and knew I'd love it (Since adult son was a baby I've had a thing for anything 'leaves').

Son had noooo idea about collectibles/antiques but offered the guy $100 for it. Sold!

The clock means so very much to me because of the sentiment.

The paper face of the clock is discolored, looks like little flecks of rust spattered on the face, and the paper face is also now lifting along some of the edges.

Second reason for wanting to know about this clock is to find out about replacing the paper face --- will it diminish the value (if there is any) of this clock?

I want this clock to be passed down, so I don't want to do anything to it that will ruin it's value.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for any help/information you can provide.

Amity

Whatever the age of this clock, it still keeps perfect time with a winding every 8 days.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Pictures of Clock

Comments (14)