SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stu2900

Where can I find a decent toilet seat?

stu2900
14 years ago

I know this sounds like a silly question, but I need a toilet seat for the "Man's Bathroom" in our house. I seem to be replacing that seat a lot because it begins to look, well, kind of nasty. The paint ends up chipping or flaking around the inside rim of the seat and some toilet bowl cleaner seems to have stained the bottom the seat. The top of the lid has a mark where it hits the tank lid. It's even broken a couple of times. I usually buy them at Menards or Lowes and I never buy the cheapest they have, but I still have trouble with the seat in this bathroom. Honestly I really don't think DH is any rougher than anyone else, but we sure seem to have problems with this seat. He's a big muscular guy, but not obese by any means. The seat in the "womens" bathroom is a Bemis seat that I special ordered to match the color of the toilet that was original to the room. It seems to be made of plastic and has always looked great. Is that what I'm doing wrong? Buying the wood type instead of plastic?

Comments (4)