SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladycfp_gw

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

ladycfp
16 years ago

Bolstered by information gained here, I have embarked upon what I envisioned as a simple, economical master bath remodel. Ha! Having roughed out what I want, purchased fixtures and hardware, I now invite in my trusty plumber, electrician, etc. to bid their respective jobs. Electrician wants $1200 to install thermostat for Suntouch floor and to add a couple of outlets I want. Plumber wants $6000 for his part of the demolition, to move the plumbing from side wall of shower to back wall, install tub works & vanity works, to oversee drywall under windows and trim finish and his work to build glass shower. Still waiting on bid for the glass and trim for that, using either 3/8 glass for no frame or 1/4 glass if we use a frame for it. Now the kicker- to me. The tile guy wants $9000 for his labor and part of the demolition. This is $9000 to lay 115 ft floor tile, 100 ft wall tile, 70 ft trim and 15 ft shower floor, and to lay the Suntouch mats. This does not include the tile, only the grout and the corner seat. I am pretty sure the side wall is in the plumbing quote, but I will make sure. Here is my summary of the job components:

{{gwi:1396099}}

{{gwi:1396101}}

{{gwi:1396102}}

{{gwi:1396103}}

{{gwi:1396104}}

{{gwi:1394987}}

{{gwi:1396110}}

{{gwi:1396111}}

Is this tile bid as outrageous as I think? I still have to buy tile! Comments please on any or all of this!

Comments (13)