SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emma3333_gw

Please help me make changes to my plans!

emma3333
14 years ago

Ok so this build is coming faster than I expected and I need to get my butt in gear and decide what I want. I have been going over and over these plans for months and have made some changes but I'd like to get all of your suggestions on changes that you would make to the original plans.

The front of the house is going to be extended by 3 or 4 feet where the bedrooms are and the garage will be extended as well. We wanted the make the house a little more interesting and we liked the idea of having a covered porch. We can add the extra space to either the garage or the kitchen on that side of the house.

I do not want the u-shaped kitchen so I would like to take away the cabinets on the left side of the kitchen and add an island instead...maybe with a breakfast bar. I could make the laundry room smaller and add more space to the kitchen there too.

I'm not crazy about the bathrooms either. We were thinking about eliminating the shower and replacing the tub with a large tiled shower, we already have a bath in the other bathroom, I don't think that we need two. We will also be adding a bathroom in the basement.

I used to have a walk-in closet in my bedroom and I loved it. I really don't like the closets in the master bedroom on these plans, I hate that they take up a whole wall. I wish that I could find a way to make a walk-in closet instead. If we eliminated the shower, the bedroom would be bigger to accomodate a walk-in but where?

So, can anyone offer suggestions? This all seems so overwhelming right now. I need an outsiders opinion after looking at these plans for so long!

Emma

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional