SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bessiedawg

Suggestions for dealing with Amana Customer Service

bessiedawg
17 years ago

My 18 month old Amana bottom-mount refrigerator needs a new circuit board and fan assembly. Of course the one year warranty expired 6 months ago for these two parts. Our Amana repair man could not figure out what was wrong with our fridge, so he called service support. The service tech on the phone knew immediately what the problem was. According to the service tech on the phone, Amana has known about this problem for 2 years and it is only a problem for 1 in 2500 fridges. The service tech said that since it is 18 months old, they will not cover it under warranty. Our Amana repair guy is furious. Of course we are going to have it fixed even though the parts are back-ordered for approximately 2 weeks and it is going to cost us about $250. It has already cost us $110 just in lost food.

I upheld my responsibility by filling out the warranty card when I first purchased this appliance. I am going to contact customer service. I will do it by email or snail mail, since I know that I will not have the patience to deal with it unemotionally on the phone. I know that I probably don't have a leg to stand on, but I am going to try. Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions to use in my correspondence. Thanks.

Linda

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH