SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patintle

What is your experience with Pella sales and customer service?

Patintle
17 years ago

We need to replace windows and patio door in our home and are very interested in Pella Impervia line. I especially like the patio door since it looks very well built. Overall Pella Impervia seems like a good product. However I strongly doubt how good their customer service is and how well they take care of customers after the product is purchased. My experiece with their sales is .. very interesting.. Read on if you're interested. If you have bought Pella products or deal with the customer service after the sale/installation, I would appreciate if you share your experience.

First the sales, Pella proposal (from a Pella local company that is authorized to sell and installs Pella Impervia, not from HD or Lowes. I belive they're the only company in the area that carries Impervia line.) comes in at surprisingly good price. However I don't know exactly what I'm getting with the proposal! What I meant was there is no product code that you can use to look up NFRC web site for the rating. And when I asked for NFRC rating of what's being quoted they did not know that either! I was given a customer service phone number for headquarter, and URL to Pella web site to find out myself. I wonder why a company as big as Pella does not know NFRC rating of their products. Is it common practice in the industry that, if you buy directly from the company that represents that large manufacturer they won't give out NFRC rating? Do people don't usually look at NFRC rating b4 they buy?

Second, when I called customer service at Pella HQ for help, it look them 3 days already and I got no rating info back. I called again and was told that someone 'is working on it' with local company, and it will take a few more days. The customer service person didn't seem to want to discuss anything more. It's surprisingly long time to look up the rating?!?

In addition to that, the company has 2 year installation warranty. But when I requested to see warranty detail, I did not get anything back.

So overall I don't have the feeling Pella cares much about customers. They probably have more than enough interest in their products. And I'm still interested in the products! Should I just forget about working with a company like this or am I asking for too much info than usual windows shoppers?? Thanks in advance for your opinion!

Comments (30)