SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xoxosmom_gw

Help: Tell me I am not the only one who has made a huge error

xoxosmom
16 years ago

Dh and I argued over it and I woke up with a knot in my stomach. I am much calmer today and see the error. I chose our paint color without having a tile sample *insert grown* In my minds eye our tile was a creamy limestone color. But it isn't it is much darker and a different shade then I remembered.

I thought I did everything right I took a cardboard sample of the color BM Powell Buff to the house and our other samples (cabinets, granite, back-splash, etc) so when the builder called I gave him the color name without hesitation. They painted it and I really like the color. They delivered the tile and I put a couple tiles next to the freshly painted walls and I hate it.

After much discussion with dh last night. I finally threw my hands up in disgust last and told him fine I will just change it out if it turns out I truly hate it after living with it awhile.

Like I said I am calmer now. The tile works with the samples I have or the color on the walls work with the samples I have but they don't work together. I went over to the house and I am still not crazy about the combo. The tile store gave us a "great" price on the tile so I hesitate running over there. I should also mention they are prepping the floors as we speak and should be ready to install the tile in a couple days.

I really don't know what to do. Should I ask the builder to repaint (our expense of course) change tile, or live with it?

Here is a picture in our current house.

Comments (19)