SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyca_gw

Have you heard of caregiver getting POA?

sunnyca_gw
12 years ago

I came here yesterday to post this & got side tracked. My friend's bro. & SIL supposedly had a bank representative out to house as both are quite disabled & they have agency care 7 days a week during day & night care by another lady. That lady is sister or sis-in-law of the main caregiver. These 2 ladies have been buying the 2 housebound folks gifts & suggested that the day worker have power -of -attorney so she could pay bills etc. This bank worker had some papers that they all signed & then the day worker took them with her to go get them notarized (sounds fishy to me,thought notary had to witness them signing). Next day(yesterday) she did not come to work! They have no children. Other relatives are quite worried for them. It sounds like scam to me. I told my friend I would ask if you had heard of this happening. I didn't think a bank worker would come out to house. They can be transported to dr. so should be able to be transported to bank. Are these folks in big trouble or can old folks turn over everything they have to a caregiver. I thought agency people would be licensed & bonded, maybe not?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner