SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maybee_gw

Have you ever heard of this?!?! What could be happen'n????

maybee_gw
17 years ago

I'm on dial up...sloooow dial up. I am running XP professional and have a 56k modem. I usually get on the internet at 26.4 kbps. Well, this afternoon, I couldn't get on at all, so I called my ISP. The tech had me make some changes..only one phone line, so he told me to restart and try to get on the internet again after the changes. I did that and got on right away, but at 14.4. I've NEVER gotten on that slow before! So..I called back and got another tech and said I wanted to put things back the way they were only I couldn't remember just what he had done. She said the first change was all right, but the second one "would" slow down my computer. She had me make that change different. I'm getting on at 115kbps!!!!! Now, I don't think that is possible, is it? What could be goin' on? The bytes correspond with this speed also, but I have a 56k modem. I wasn't sure about those first setting, so I called back and asked about them, and also asked about the 115. He said that wasn't possible...well, that's the way it is....is this thing gonna blow or something? How could that be. I've tried three times now and that is the speed with which I am connecting. I mean, I'm not complaining, but something is bound to not be right.....

Comments (6)