SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minnt_gw

BainUltra Questions and Answers

minnt
16 years ago

While I still love my BainUltra tub, I had a few questions. I emailed BainUltra and they answered me. I will share the answers here.

I am disappointed with the feel of the cold air that comes out of the air holes when it is on.

Your BainUltra tub is equipped with a 700 watt heating element that is located inside the turbine. It is designed to prevent a drastic drop in the water temperature as well as to warm the headrest & backrest. However, the air heater will not heat the water. The cooler air feeling you may have been experiencing is due to your wet, yet warm, skin coming in contact with swiftly moving air. This phenomenon can be compared to using a fan on a very hot day. While the ambient temperature does not change, the fan recirculates the warm air, thus making the room and you feel much cooler because of the air hitting your wet skin.

Here are a few suggestions that will help improve the feeling of cooler air:

1. We suggest that you start the motor five minutes prior to filling the bath to warm up the shell and eliminate lukewarm air. Your backrest should then feel warm. If it doesn't, please call our technical support department. didn't try this yet

2. Use bath additives to create an insulator on top of the water. Huh?

3. Maintain room temperature where your turbine is located between 72°F (20°C) and 86° (30°C) difficult to do in Minnesota in the winter

4. Add a trickle of hot water while bathing.

5. Insulate the pipes if you have a remotely mounted turbine.

6. Do not sit too close to the jets. tried this, but it is pretty difficult to do with my tub and my height. I will be interested in my husband can do it.

7. During winter or when taking a bath, raise the room temperature a few degrees

I asked if the control light could be turned off. It is distracting when I walk into my bathroom.

The control light ( LED ) is designed to stay on all the time. Keep in mind that the control wire is always connected and plugged into the air turbine which the turbine is plugged into it's own independent circuit.

I like to sit with the bubbles for the 20 minutes, then soak for a bit. I couldn't believe it when the cleaning/drying cycle came on on its own, when I was still in the tub.

The automatic drying cycle on your control will always activate ten minutes after your turbine shuts off for a duration of 90 seconds. If you like to soak in your tub after your 20 minutes massage is over, the drying cycle will still purge for 90 seconds. The purpose of the drying cycle is to keep the air channels nice and dry ! So, that there is no remaining water leftover from your previous bath in the air channels. The ten minute waiting period is to allow enough time to drain your water out of the tub. The drying cycle is automatic every time the air jet system is being used. Once, the bath water has drained , it's important to activate the drying cycle manually ( if being used as a soaker ) or the drying cycle can be programmed on a daily purge at a set time of day. she never told me how to get is so it doesn't turn on when I am just soaking

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH