SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

need help deciding on dark or light countertop for vantiy?

elphaba_gw
11 years ago

Thinking of a quartz Silestone countertop but may do granite since it seems to be cheaper these days and am struggling with budget but bottom line, I can't decide how dark to make the countertop for the 8 ft vanity. This is a hall bath which also houses the washer/dryer across the aisle from the counter.

Right now the room is very light, walls above the wainscot are a white with a very slight tinge of gray. I really love the materials and how they are combined and really don't want to screw up the elegant ambience with a bad choice for countertop. Any suggestions on what shade? how dark to go? or should I stay light and blend in closely with field tile which is the direction I'm kind of going in.

Not sure about the busyness of granite since the bathroom style seems to be fairly contemporary especially with the Ikea. Would appreciate any help.

1. Floor - Misingi Suber porcelain plank - taupe/brown/gray shown at: Here (tile seems a little darker than shown in this pic)

2. lower floating Cabinet/vanity - stained white oak (vanity is a hack/combination of various Ikea Godmorgen cabinets) - color shown at: HERE

3. upper horizontal cabinets -white Ikea with Rubrik Gass doors (metal trim) shown at: HERE

4. Backsplash/field tile - 12/24 porcelain calacatta (not doing a 4 inch high backsplash - just the tile) - picture of partial wall tile installation below. (picture doesn't show it but there is a very very slight tinge of gold in some of the striations. One reason the Godmorgon stain seems to look very good with it IMO).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will probably cross post in "home decoration" for color advice.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!