SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawjedi

wall oven, warming drawer, toaster oven... vs dbl wall

lawjedi
13 years ago

This is sort of an exercise in theory right now, but I keep playing it out in my mind. Chances are, a few of you are also figuring out your needs...

Which would you prefer? single wall oven with a warming drawer under, and a toaster oven (like the well-loved Breville)... or a double wall oven?

In my situation, space is sort of a premium... a single wall oven and warming drawer offer me more storage in that stack than a dbl. I would not want to give up even more space under cooktop (or wherever) for a warming drawer if I had a double.

I hate using a huge oven when something smaller could be used.

I'm not huge into baking. (but that can, and most likely will, change as the kids get past the exhaustion phase of life...)

We are a family of 6. I do like to entertain some, but it's rather casual when it happens.

One single oven is placed at the prime ergonomic position (have back issues)... dbl ovens, while more convenient than a range, neither of them are in "perfect" position.

Cons to this... less oven space. for that big holiday meal. The way I was picturing a dbl to be useful in our life - we have weekly (scratch) pizza night -- I could whip out the pizzas FAST with 2 ovens. Will this sort of be ok with the Bosch - it looks like it has great inner space... could possibly get 3 pizzas in there at once.

I don't think there is much savings either direction. Once you've paid for the single, making it a double isn't that much more (sometimes less) than adding a warming drawer.

I've never used a warming drawer, but it seems like people who have one conveniently located have fallen in love with them....

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the single/WD/toaster oven option.... but I'm still afraid that down the road I'll be regretting not having a double oven. My brother, who is definitely gifted in the culinary world, has a double - and when I've asked him, he says "once you've gone dbl, you'll never go back"... of course, I haven't explained to him all the new options of warming drawers and fantastic quality toaster ovens...

So... what choices are you considering? if you've already made your choice and are living with it, are you satisfied?

those with dbls -- can you imagine going the other route? how has having a dbl impacted you?

thanks for any input!!! and thanks for humoring someone who is still in the research phase!!

Comments (9)