SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foodfiend_gardener

need neo-angle shower, where to find reviews?

foodfiend_gardener
12 years ago

After over a year looking for a contractor, we finally found one that we trust to put an addition onto our house. This addition will contain a bathroom, and one of the fixtures we will need is a neo-angle shower.

I have seen first-hand the horrible mess that a substandard or low quality shower can make when it starts to leak and I don't want this to happen to me!

We have looked at Lowes and at Home Depot and one we found that we could "try out" (stepping inside to test the strength of the base, repeatedly opening and closing the door, etc.), one that we both liked was an Aqua Glass 42" neo-angle. However, I looked at online reviews and they were terrible! Now, I am taking into consideration that some of these people did not use the correct base with the doors, or they were older reviews and the latch that was said to have failed so many times is not longer on the doors (they were replaced with a newer magnetic closure), or that the installation may have been faulty, but how on earth will I know this for certain?

Our local Lowes has decreased the number of items which they carry, preferring to sell online. Home Depot seems to be heading in the same direction. I don't want to buy something unseen, so are there other sites which will may possibly have reviews of shower units? I tried epinions, but there wasn't anything very helpful there.

If anyone has a thought on this subject, or a recommendation, please let me know!

Comments (10)