SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plan2remodel

Small Bathroom Layout - Neo-angle Shower?

plan2remodel
6 years ago

I need help with the layout for my next bathroom remodel. I'm deciding between a rectangular or neo-angle (corner) shower. Also, trading off between length of vanity and size of shower. May consider bow or curved front on vanity.

This is a hallway bathroom that is 8 ft x 7.5 ft. I want to replace the cast iron tub / shower combination with a stall shower. The toilet and doorway (30" door with 3.5 inch wide trim on both sides) need to stay in position. I want to allow a minimum of 30" walkway space between the vanity and the stall shower and a minimum of 36" space around the toilet. Minimum shower space is to fit a 36" circle inside the shower.

Here's the existing layout. There's a full (5 inch wide) wall between the toilet and the 30" wide tub

Below is a layout with a rectangular shower and a shorter vanity. (Shower heads and controls would be on LHS; drain centered.) On the floor planner sketch, it looks like I have space for a 36" wide shower with a 28" wide shower door. But, in reality, it allows at most 24" wide shower door. That is, when the door into the bathroom is opened, it takes up 30" of the wall space on the side, leaving only 60" width for shower and swinging shower door.

Below is an alternate layout with a corner shower, sides 48" and 42" (exterior measurements). The circle on the image is to show a 30" wide walk-through space. I can lengthen the vanity only if I make the shower smaller or go with a curved (bow front) vanity.

I'm assuming a 25" shower door with hinges on the left and shower controls on the wall (flange) next to the tub (full wall or pony wall?). And probably a pony wall on the flange to the left of the door. Would I need a header for the shower?

Any suggestions? I'm about a year away from starting this remodel. So welcome any input.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!