SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bnicebkind

The frustrations in shopping for antiques! List yours!

bnicebkind
17 years ago

I have hunted and hunted for antiques for the house. I feel the frustration, and if you adore antiques, you will understand what I mean. It can take months or years to find the pieces you love. So often, when you finally find what you wanted, it will have a sold tag. It will not matter if you stop in this shop every other week, checking. It will be the one that came into the shop on Tuesday, and sold on Wednesday. You stopped by the shop on Monday...a day early, and missed it by a day...or hours!

Or you find the chandelier...but hesitate, because you are uncertain if it is too fancy, or too simple, or too big, or too small. You decide to think about it, since it is not returnable. You ponder over it all night and the following morning, and decide to go for it. you go back and of course it is sold!

These will then become the golden standard for what you want. Everywhere you look, no other measures up to that "one" you missed, and it causes you to search and search until you can find one you like that even is close. If you are lucky enough to find one that is "close" it will be triple the price, and in not as good condition as "the one".

It is a shopping hunt that will have you kicking yourself for months or perhaps years!

It is that moment where we see something...and hesitate. Because afterall...furniture is expensive, and we want to get it right, as we will have it for years to come.

Anyway...that is my frustration...with finding antiques!

Comments (7)