SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emcee_gw

Cripes! GC Made Mess of my $2000 of Tile

emcee
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

You would not believe what my tile looks like. I'm at work and when I came home I could have fainted. GC made a mess of my tile install. This is same contractor that used mastic on shower walls instead of the Versabond we discussed. I'm supposed to have 1/8" grout lines but around my window the tiles are cut crooked and there is, in some places 1/2" grout lines. I mentioned before the grouting that tiles did not look like they were cut to proper length. GC says don't worry it'll be fine. GC did not use a wet saw he has only a hand-held thingy. Oh my gosh. I don't think he knows what's he's doing.

Worst part is he is paid in full for the job (please don't ask!!!!!). GC came highly recommended by neighbors. I would not even show neighbors the tile work it looks so bad. I'm totally, totally sick.

I think he wants to use the caulk tomorrow should I not let him caulk. I'm thinking once he's gone I'll hire a "real" tile person to fix my mess. G_d the money I've spent on this remodel. My tile was almost $2000.

Anyone know of a tiler in NW suburbs of Chicago. I suppose this would be called a smaller job since I'll live with the floor tiles. The wall tiles are the worst. All crooked as I said and very uneven. Yikes, should I kill myself now?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Marilyn

Comments (18)