SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jgregal

Ruby Lane--Great Online Antique Site

jgregal
17 years ago

Greetings everyone.

Im fairly new to this forum, but I've noticed quite a few questions regarding the best place to look for and purchase specific items. Let me share with you my online antiquing experience briefly. Without going into exorbitant detail, I've been ripped off very badly on eBay at least three times before, from users with 99 percent positive rating. Even years later, im still waiting for the company to remedy the problem. If you're an antiquer like me, theyre just dreadful to use, cause you're never quite sure of what you're getting is what is advertised. Its impossible to distinguish what is genuine and what is fake, and anything that is certified is well overpriced. Suffice it to say its certainly not the same feel of going to the flee market or perusing through the antique store.

However, I recently stumbled onto a nice website that Im pretty keen on called Ruby Lane.The site is an online antique venue, and they sell all sorts of antiques, collectibles, memorabilia, jewelry, and basically anything you can think of. What distinguishes this site from those all out auction houses like ebay is that everything on the site has been checked out by independent third party appraisers and has been certified to be bonafide genuine antiques, and guaranteed to be legitimate to the description. Its also nice that Ruby Lane holds themselves personally responsible for any problems with the vendor, so there's no buyer beware policy. It has a nice feel to it, how business used to be done in antiques.

Please don't misinterpret this post. This isnt meant to be an advertisement, and I apologize to anyone who feels offended. Im not trying to sell you anything. Im just someone with a lot of antiquing experience whos always been skeptical of online sites, and thought I'd share some information with my fellow antiquers.If you've never been to the site, its certainly worth checking out.

www.rubylane.com

God Bless, and happy antique hunting.

Jason

Comments (2)