SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melle_sacto_gw

Embarking on a budget DIY bathroom remodel :-)

Hello --

I'm not a new GardenWebber by any means, but haven't spent much time here on the Bathrooms forum (well, except for a little lurking a while back). Here's the remodel in a nutshell:

So far my DH has taken out our cruddy 1978 pocket door (that finally wouldn't go back on the track a few months ago) and part of that wall. It's a start! :-) We bought a new Johnson framing kit b/c I read about it here on the Bathrooms forum (wow that kit is so nice compared to the old frame).

We also bought a Swanstone Veritek surround and shower pan (it's a master bath that only has a shower, no tub); going w/porcelain tile floor; Ikea (please don't flame me, it fits the too-small-for-most-double-sinks-but-waste-of-space-single-sink space and the budget) double sink/cabinet (I think the sink is Odensvik and the cabinet is the Oak Godmorgan); re-use the toilet we already have. I guess it's noteworthy to mention that the sink/cabinet are separated from the toilet/shower by the pocket door and open to our bedroom (so I'm not too worried about moisture damage).

My DH specifically asked me to solicit the forum expertise about the Veritek surround. He has to cut it and wanted to know if there is anything special about cutting it.

Thanks so much! I will probably be back w/other questions and continue lurking too :-) The bathrooms I see here are soooo gorgeous, I hope one day to have a luxurious bathroom. For now I'll be happy w/a non-leaking, non-moldy bathroom LOL!

Melanie

Comments (5)