SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnar1957

Refrigerator....what would you buy?

donnar57
11 years ago

We may need to purchase a new fridge for our kitchen within the next two to three months. Our current one is a 25 cu ft side-by-side Whirlpool, 20 years old. I kinda hate to get rid of it as it keeps things good and cold, ice maker works well, etc. However, the two crisper drawers are pretty well broken, and if the door shelves fall out one more time onto the tile floor, I think I'm gonna scream!

We went out looking today, to price them. We do like the idea of, and have the space for, a French door style. Our first stop was Lowe's. We liked the Samsungs but were a little concerned about the sturdiness of the shelves for things like gallon jugs of tea and juice. The only other brands they had were Frigidaire and Whirlpool, and 1 Maytag.

Then we went over to Fry's Electronics. They had the LG's, which we liked the look and feel of. However, coming home to check on reviews, we found NO positive reviews of LG's on one board. There was a previous post here who said their Lowe's were discontinuing LG because of unreliability.

Next weekend, we plan to look at a few more places. If you have purchased a refrigerator (particularly French door style) in the past few years, can you comment on your experience, please?

In the meantime, we've told each other that we will deal with the broken crispers and the falling-down shelves until we can locate a good brand.

Donna

Comments (25)