SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jll0306

Has anyone tasted Fedco's WOW Cherry?

jll0306
15 years ago

As recently as last week, Fedco was offering the WOW tomato, described thusly:

SNIP: An open-pollinated cherry tomato better than Sun Gold? ThatÂs been the Holy Grail of tomato breeders. Garland, ME, breeder Relentless and our tasters think heÂs got it: the orange color, the Sun Gold Brix with more tomatoey flavor and an added resistance to cracking. What will you think? A selection from Relentless SunWine group with Brandywine, Sun Gold and a grape tomato in the parentage. Nearly fully stabilized; 2009 will be the F-6 generation. Limited supply of seed this first year. Limit one packet per customer. Be sure to order very early. Earth Passionate AgrarianÂÂgrown. Open-source seeds. Those wishing to propagate for commercial seed sales have a moral obligation to pay the breeder royalties. Contact us. A Fedco introduction, named because "WOW!" has been the first word out of everyone who has ever plopped one in his or her mouth.

END SNIP

This week they appear to be out of them. I almost ordered them, but then I figure if they are that scarce, I should leave them for those who, unlike myself, would actually know whether or not they taste better than the Sungold.Can anyone vouch for their rave review?

jan

Comments (18)