SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forwhenitrains

At the risk of getting flamed...sneaking a puppy short term

forwhenitrains
14 years ago

I live in an apartment that only allows cats,even though the apartments right next to us and the houses across the street both allow dogs and they are frequently walked on this property.

We have respected this rule the whole time we have lived here.Now we are moving in only 3 weeks to a place that DOES allow dogs.We found the perfect dog by accident and ended up getting one early.He is a very tiny dog and we have been hiding him.My husband stuffs him into his jacket and takes him down the street to walk him and have him go to the bathroom and we put him in a bag and tote him with us when we go places.

Although he is very well behaved and quiet,it has been really stressful worrying about being caught.I don't see why anyone would want to sneak a pet for long term cuz I just can't handle it.

Management has been here twice to fix stuff and we had to hustle him out before they could see him.

My question is,particularly to any landlords who may post here,what would happen to us if we are caught?

We are leaving in 3 weeks,the puppy is quiet,and he is potty trained,so there are no messes.

Please do not make me feel bad.I know it is wrong,and that is why we are moving to a place that does allow dogs.It's just if we didn't get the dog now,someone else may have and we really wanted him cuz he is perfect for us.

I appreciate any thoughts!

Comments (11)

Sponsored