SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lasershow_gw

Feeling trapped

lasershow
15 years ago

A few years ago, I used to post on this board regularly. At the time, an elderly lady lived underneath me and her daughter used to come over with the great-grandchildren every day. The kids tore the place apart. I tolerated it, with an occasional comment, because the elderly lady was sweet and I didn't want to make waves.

Well, she passed away a few years ago and since then, there have been a few different people living underneath me, none with kids. A new couple moved in several months ago and they don't appear to have kids, BUT at least one kid visits them every weekend (and usually for an overnight). Sometimes she runs wild, other times I don't know she is there. Tonight, they have at least three toddlers down there tearing the place apart. I'm ready to scream. It's only 9:35. Do I have the right to complain? English is not their first language (in fact, I don't know if they understand it at all -- I had to go downstairs one night at 11:45 when they were blasting their stereo and ask them to turn it down...if you can believe it). I figure I'm going to get the "kids will be kids" speech. I don't know if it will do any good to complain to management.

I'm single, childless, happy that way. I admit I have very little tolerance for kid noise as a result. I'm feeling trapped because I can't afford to move, either to buy or rent another place. My rent is below market value, which is one of the reasons I've stayed here this long (20 years).

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions