SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

How old is your Garage/Shop and Home?

loger_gw
9 years ago

How old is your Garage/Shop and Home? Are or were you able to make all the trendy changes if you stayed over 10-20 yrs w/o feeling you were taking a loss? We have been in this 1968 built home since 1973 and have tried to make all the needed changes. IMO the changes become unreasonable and I feel we are left stranded since we d/n move before now. The Dallas/Fort Worth Area growth and Home Owners Associations restrictions have taken the fun out of owning a home that meets your needs at home vs a storage facility.

The positive points helps:
1. We have retired with benefits and not faced with fighting the traffic daily.
2. We reduced our hobbies, interests, and maintenances (cars/home) work at home.

The Negatives Points I feel:
1. Feeling trapped after a lifetime of work preparing for a better life.
2. Feeling too many improvements are a waste on Track Built Homes vs Custom.

Are any of you facing these matters and how do you deal with them? One day at a time I enjoy this space, enjoying projects in the space we have vs what I thought it was in the 70s -80s. I added a rear Car-Port vs a Rear Garage/Shop Combo. Age, Slowing, adding 50 Lbs to 190 lbs, LOL, has basically balanced my needs except the Maintenance on the Old Property.

How do you feel with your Property and Shop 50 yrs later compared to what you though you had or it would be?

Have A Good Day/Week!

Comments (3)