SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaydubya_gw

Grill pan on Induction range?

jaydubya
13 years ago

Will a long rectangular grill pan work between two burners on an induction range? Will it mess up the sensors?

We are redoing our kitchen; originally, I was looking for (semi)-pro style gas range with grill/griddle, then became aware of induction. I'm typically not an "early adopter"; I usually wait a few years for the bugs to be worked out and the price to come down with economies of scale. However, we are doing our kitchen this year; induction has been around a long time overall, and is more popular in Europe and Japan. On the other hand, not sure about the track record in terms of reliability. We have a 6 & 8 year old and the advantages of safety, cleaning, and performance have strong appeal. I am not much of a cook at all; my wife is, but not at a super sophisticated level. I used to be a high end furniture maker, and am designing the kitchen. I look for fit and finish and clean style. I prefer to drive a stick shift and I prefer knobs and dials to digital touch panels. That being said, I saw the Electrolux Slide In Induction Range in real life and I was smitten. I had seen photos and it didn't do anything for me, but in real life it is beautiful -- a real head turner. However, I am not looking for a high maintenance low performance "trophy" range. I am looking for a long term relationship built on trust and respect...(all things being equal, beauty certainly doesn't hurt).

FYi, I am thinking of going with Bosch for Frig and DW. For gas range, I am looking at NXR 36 w/griddle (can you get a grill accessory?)

Comments (13)