SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roxycal2

Upstairs (me) vs downstairs (them)

RoxyCal2
11 years ago

I need some confirmation/guidance/sanity check on my current situation as the downstairs neighbor and I got into it yesterday :(

I bought my first condo Sept 2011 and moved in shortly thereafter. Downstairs neighbor, lets call him J, came up and introduced himself with the caveat that he can hear me walking around my unit. I told him I wasn't aware of walking too loudly (like stumbling home after a bar or anything) and that maybe my dog (who is 20 lbs) was the cause of the "noises." I basically looked at him like he had two heads and decided I would try to walk even quieter than I already thought I was doing. Months go by and the occassional ceiling bang happens. Usually when I'm not doing much so I don't know if he is punishing me for an early "transgression" or if he thinks I'm making noise. Then a formal letter from the HOA board came which said "we received word you are making excessive noise (by walking too loud so I knew it was him) and that my dog barked all the time (not true since my next door neighbors haven't had any complaints)." Then last night happen. He bangs and I stomp back. He came up and we had it out. He is a renter and I'm an owner. I said I'm an adult, I don't stomp (well except when I acted out) and that I had no reason to do that in the unit that i OWN!! We had some words with each other and nothing is resolved. I don't think it will ever be. Others have an issue with this? Especially upstairs people? Please let me know these things work out eventually. Maybe he will move? Though he said he has been there for 6 years and I'm the only one he has had an issue with...yay me :(

Comments (8)

Sponsored