SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawna_gw

I'm back -- with problems

dawna
18 years ago

Hi all! I have finally gotten settled in Tucson and I love my apartment. It is so cute and comfortable and, after I finally got my balcony and front porch fixed up with plants and sitting areas, it was perfect.

I was so excited because my neighbors seemed to be very nice. Well, things have changed. I went out of town for a week and, while I was gone, I received a note on my door that my dog was barking constantly. It was signed "neighbors". My boyfriend was staying at my apartment while I was gone and said that he never heard him do that but he may have been while he was at work.

Anyway, this past Saturday I received a letter in the mail from the complex office that made me aware of "several complaints" about my dog barking. I was furious and did a lot of slamming around of things in my apartment. I had an idea of who was causing this problem -- my neighbor upstairs.

I ended up talking with her -- heated at first and then more calm. I am going to check in with her tonight to see how my boy did. He probably was just acting out because he knew I was out of town. But it worries me so much because now I feel like I am on the chopping block and I feel so isolated. It kills me that people complain about my dog barking (that is what dogs do) instead of the constant screams of kids that run around outside, the teenagers in the pool at 2 AM screaming and laughing, the folks across the way from me that has a parrot that whistles and talks -- loudly, a gate that SLAMS everytime someone comes in, etc.

I guess I am just venting. I am always quiet during the "quiet times" and my dog doesn't bark or cry anytime after normal work hours if he does it at all. I feel I am a very quiet and considerate neighbor. But now I feel paranoid.

Oh well, just venting to other apartment tenants. Thanks for listening!

Comments (13)

Sponsored