SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Help Me Go from Analysis to Decisions!

12 years ago

I originally attached this onto someone's else's question by mistake. Sorry!

I am replacing the 1989 dishwasher, gas stove, and microwave in my townhouse kitchen. It's for me for the next 5 years, 15 years, forever or maybe just a little while. Time will tell.

I am leaning to the OTR microwave for space reasons in a condo size kitchen but have concerns since I'm only 5'2". Plus, one of my favorite things to cook is a big pot of soup and wonder if there will be enough space. My microwave choice has been a real stumbling block to finalizing my kitchen cabinet decisions. Then I think "KISS" - just do the obvious and put it over the range and move on- HELP!

As a teacher I need to be budget conscious but want to enjoy my choices for looks, reliability, and function. I liked the GE cafe range for looks (and the bottom drawer for small pots, etc) but have read so many horrendous reviews. I have one friend who is happy with her Cafe range and OTR micro but I've read so many complaints.

My mind is swimming - NCR, Bertazzoni, Electrolux, GE - at least I know I want stainless - but oh, those red ranges - OK, time to snap out of it! Stay focused.

The resale for my townhouse has dropped about $40-50,000 but it's my home and my kitchen is important to me. My home is not just about resale and HGTV and I'm walking that fine line between what I want and what makes sense.

PS - I cook in spurts, am not much of a baker but love to be in my kitchen, do family holidays, and have friends over for impromptu meals. Plus you see the kitchen as soon as come in the front door. Even without being an avid cook it's a room that I'm in every day.

I am counting on Garden Web to help me clear the clutter of my mind and get back on track so I can finally DO THIS!!

Comments (13)