SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keitel_gw

O, my Bluestar ...

keitel
12 years ago

RNB 304 installed 4 years as of next week. 3 oven doors, a wiring harness for a bum convection fan and light, a spark module (as of Thursday), and this morning I took the oven floor out to clean it and every single rivet on the underside of the floor has popped out. There's also a supporting bracket that's supposed to hold the oven floor up that's fallen off and is just randomly lying in the bottom of the oven.

I guess I'll call BS (again) and see what they say, but at this point, there's no way I could, in good conscience, recommend this range to anyone. It's very clear to me at this point that this is a very poorly-built range.

Everything's been covered under warranty so far (either by BS directly or the 3rd party warranty I bought). The spark module is going to cost 260 installed (40 for shipping!) And it falls within the last 2 weeks of the extended warranty. Welcome to more wasted hours on the phone.

I can't begin to calculate the amount of time I've spent on the phone trying to get this thing fixed.

$4 000, 4 years of great cooking, and 4 years of problems.

Comments (28)