SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwanny2three

First Christmas w/o all my kids here :O(

gwanny2three
16 years ago

I knew someday it would come, but I hate it! DS#1 and DIL with Ricky and Seth are going to her family's for Christmas day. They will come here Christmas Eve like always, but this time we will open gifts to and from each other that night instead of Christmas day. Austin will be here on Christmas day, so we'll have one grandbaby here still and it's his first Christmas, so it's special. I will miss the rest of them though....never have we spent a Christmas apart. They decided to start this year taking turns every year between our family and hers. Her family for the most part isn't close and don't get along so it may be the first and last in 12 years for her. (Her words, not mine) This will be hard, but like I said we still have Austin to spoil and have fun with. He will go see his other grandma in the morning then spend the rest of the day here. I dread the days when it's just hubby and I! LOL...I love him to death but the kids make Christmas fun for us. I understand DIL wanting to spend a Christmas with her family, her grandma raised her and she is the only one she's close to. She is a sweet lady and really wants her whole family to come together, it always ends in problems though. I do feel bad for her and hope they can all be civil for her sake.

Comments (2)