SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

Dark Foggy Day Gardening

I spent my warm and VERY dark foggy day of endless dusk planting seeds in hope of a wet winter. Has anyone else doing the winter seed planting of annuals and wildflowers? Trudging their gardens in aimless circles clawing at the soil?
I did Peony poppies , Shirley poppies, rhoes poppies, Those fancy danish flag/cross something poppies, Hungarian Bread poppies , a deep red ruffled poppy
Three types of nigellia, Bigelow aster , Tahoka daisy, Mentzelia decapatela, Ring Muhly, weeping muhly, rayless gaillardia, Pink and white columbine, NOw bring on the rain please. I saw larkspur sprouting and many others. I love this time of year.

Different milkweeds, I sure hope the A.texana seeds are not too old. I have my fingers crossed on that one. If not LINDA do you have anymore????

Tomorrow is Penstemon day. I think I have 6 different ones for pots and in the wild . And the last of the trees for the valley.

I think I left three coffee cups hanging in trees. I found a broken pair of glasses (Mine) and a kitchen knife.

Oh I planted a bunch of Bridal veil stipa. Deer muhly and pine muhly, and seep muhly, weeping muhly. MAD WILD circles. Dirt flying⦠only a few more things hanging out of the ground. I almost see and end to my gardening for the fall, but then I need to start on the land restoration on the woods. Thank god I am fed by this and it makes me happy because if it didn't â¦...

This post was edited by wantonamara on Thu, Dec 4, 14 at 18:51

Comments (6)