SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northernmich

NEW: 2006 Vegetable Garden Swap

northernmich
18 years ago

This is the first time for me to START a swap. I joined in a swap here previously. Last year I grew open-pollinated in raised beds at my new 6 acre place. No home yet but soon.

I would also trade to anyone in need of what I have saved. This swap is to start after the holidays.

Seeds I have in stock, to trade

beans-7 bean soup mix-kidney-chili, etc.

green beans

cukes strt8

cukes Marketmore76

yellow crook sq (mature early but have huge leaves)

yellow strt sq (mature later than crook but smaller leaves)

table queen sq (yummy)

chili jalapeno peppers

green peppers

tomato Rutgers

tomato cherry

poppy New Holland red

marigolds mixed-many yellows

carrots

watermelon (purchased-never grown yet)

corn Early Gold Bantam (purchased-never grown yet)

dill

dill-Long Island

green onion (oodles of seeds :)

chives

sweet basil

cantaloupe Hale's

pumpkin Jack O' Lantern

pumpkin CN Field

cilantro

catnip (oodles) If you ever need catnip, I have it :)

bachelor buttons blue

rosemary

pole beans

pumpkin pie

I am located at 45th parallel-49765. I prefer seeds from colder climates similar to mine. Newbies welcome. Happy holidays!

Comments (72)

• atravers
    18 years ago

Hi everyone.
    Package is on its way to Donald. Confirmation #03020980000123452665. Shipping cost $2.67 first class with delivery confirmation. Put in a variety of lettuces, beans, a couple herbs and nasturtiums too. Enjoy!
    Ann

• jas_il
    18 years ago

I would like to join. Please let me know the details. Is it a round robin or swap?
    Thanks
    Jasmine
    sisaac0@yahoo.com

• Related Discussions

Nova Scotia Gardeners - Plant Swap 2006?

Q

Comments (23)
    Jean, I have posted on the Exchange Forum asking those who have done these plant swaps for info on how they go about it. Hopefully I'll get some info soon as I'd like to know as well how it's been done in the past. Going into this a bit blind, but I think it would be a cool thing for us to do! I know I have a few things in the holding bed, and come the spring I know that divisions are going to have to be made in the gardens. And during the swap, maybe we could plan for the following year as well and let others know what we have and may take cuttings of. It's a learning experience!
    ...See More

2006 Central Indiana Plant Swap

Q

Comments (12)
    I plan to be there as well. Fionasol, I just emailed you to ask about this, should have done a more thorough search first. Anyway, I'm just wondering, what if I don't know the exact names of specific plants? I plan to bring many varieties of hosta, daffodil bulbs, a few trilliums, a jack in the pulpit or two, perhaps some ferns and a couple of other things. We bought this house last year, I'm a beginner as gardeners go and I only know the common names of everything not the names of the specific varieties. Any advice on what to do?
    ...See More

WANTED: Garden Visit/Potluck/Plant Swap-Oct. 1, 2006

Q

Comments (0)
    Please see the New Jersey exchange forum. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/njgard/exch0823265322321.html?2 Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Swap
    ...See More

NEW: Hortiholics Anon. 2006 year long swap

Q

Comments (25)
    I resent questionnaires to those who didn't receive the first time around. Let me know if you get them! :-) Try to get these in by tomorrow evening. I would like to pair buddies up and get things going for June. I am going to post for a few more sign ups and hopefully we can start our gardening party, smiles! Feel free to have a cup of of tea, and smell the flowers :-) Happy Mother's Day Ladies Tina
    ...See More
  • northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

clay lady
    did you get the e-mail about about adding Jasmine?

She gets added to number 6. I sent out a confirmation mail and will post those I have not heard from soon.

• atravers
    18 years ago

Hi.

Just checked the DC status on the package:

"Your item was delivered at 11:40 am on February 08, 2006 in SELINSGROVE, PA 17870."

So it made it from CT to PA.

Ann

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

I don't know how I missed this one, is it too late to be added into this? I would love to join in if it's not too late.

Thanks
    Maureen

• dem_pa
    18 years ago

The package did arrive at 11:40 am. I choose onion, White Elephant Squash, French Beans, two kinds of lettuce, and some Nasturum seeds. I added some heirlooms. Lakota Squash, Jaradale and Rouge VIF D'Etampes pumpkins,Yellow Pear, Pondersosa Pink, and German Pink Tomatoes, Tendersweet Orange Watermelon, and "Trail of Tears" beans and some Chocolate Pepper seeds.

A friend mailed it for me four hours later First Class mail with delivery confirmation.

It is on its way to Ohio.

dem_pa

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Don has mailed to Clay Lady. Clay Lady you need to confirm, I have left notice here and by e-mail-no reponse yet.

Clay Lady is to mail to #6 Jas il.

Jas il will mail to Irish rose grower AFTER I receive her address (pending).

Once I have Irish's address I will send a confirmation e-mail to #5, #6 and #7.

Thanks to all as this has been moving right along. We may do another round and add even more :)

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Problems I had were matching real name, e-mail address name, e-mail address and forum nickname...I had to be a detective.

Some people said they wanted to join but never followed through by e-mail contact with an address.

The seven in this round were: (and I see html code works)
    Earl
    Ann
    Don
    Lynn
    Dede?
    Jasmine
    Maureen

We will be sending in that EXACT order. Don just mailed to Lynn. Lynn, Dede, Jasmine and Maureen get e-mail. IF you don't add a follow-up post here.

Thanks all...Maureen and I both acquired more heirloom seeds so maybe another round is coming :)

• veeja11
    18 years ago

you missed me, bad host. I will have to eat my dandelions now please remember me in second round. I want to grow a pumpkin pie.Carol

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carol,

I have enjoyed your posts and I'd be glad to add you in.

I would need an address to do so :) I have never received that, have all the e-mail replies in a folder-no Carol.

Earl

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have not received confirmation from last four OR Carol who wants to join.

At this point the package ships to:
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Illinois
    New York
    back to Michigan, in this order. Going out of order doesn't prevent the round from happening. I just want folks to be prepared to receive the package.

I had a four day winter break so maybe I'm a bit "ancy".

More than likely I will be gone March 9-11th to the Michigan State Wrestling Finals...and a two Saturdays before that we have districts and regionals. Wish my son good luck :)

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

I think you've heard back from me right?

I'm definitely ready. I got all of my seeds from heirloom and I'm ready to share.

I will be in Florida 2/15 till about the 23 so don't fret if you don't hear from me for a while. If the box arrives while I'm away I will get it out shortly after I get home.

Maureen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I can't find an e-mail addy for you to send my addy to, if you e-mail me I can reply to you. thankyou carol

• dem_pa
    18 years ago

I checked the delivery confirmation number with the usps site and the package was delivered to Mansfield, Ohio on February 11, 2006.

Don (dem_pa)

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carol's in...and I see you found my e-mail :)

Maureen will mail to Carol and I'll forward her address.

You get stuck mailing me Carol...can you mail a pie? :)

Lynn in Ohio has the "package". Waiting for you to confirm Lynn.

• clay_lady
    18 years ago

sorry for the delay-- my car started overheating last week and we had a new thermostat put in it--- didn't fix it-- so we took it to another garage and they are pretty sure the head is shot. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I haven't had any transportation since last week. Mom took me to the post office today and I sent it off. confirmation no 03051720000254866212. Thanks clay_lady

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey, don't we ALL know how "things" come up.

Sounds like it's catching...my Jimmy overheated, put in new thermostat, ended up being freeze plugs so since my pal has the truck in my pole barn he can fix the brakes and the wheel bearing :)

Truck in pole barn so last Saturday we get 12 inches of snow and yesterday 13-17 inches more. So now we are forced to plow twice. I am building a new homestead 5 miles north of town and where I am.

They called last night a blizzard...I used to recall we called that "winter", guess times have changed.

The package moves on... :)

Thanks for keeping us informed and now maybe I am a bit envious of Maureen IN FLORIDA!!!!!! Have fun Maureen...all the snowmobilers are flocking here.

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oklahoma-Illinois-New York-Washington-Michigan
    #5 #6 #7 #8 me

Illinois you are on the receive end, please confirm here.

Let New York when it's on the way :)

Carol has been added in as #8.

#4-#8 received an e-mail with addresses, names and e-mail.

Jasmine, confirm you have #8's address, Carol confirm you have mine.

Any questions...ask.

thanks to all those who traded and all who still are.

• jas_il
    18 years ago

Yes I have maureen's address. I did not hear anything from OK so far. Is package already shiped?
    Jasmine

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm back from sunny Florida, and it was spectactular. We were sunning on the beach every day for 8 days!! Back to reality, work in the morning/

Looking forward to receiving this box within the next couple of weeks, can't wait.

Thanks Earl.
    Maureen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Yes I have your addy. thankyou for adding me thankyou carol

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Clay Lady is in OK and mailed to Jasmine in IL Feb 16th

con number 03051720000254866212

Hope it's okay...that's 8 days.

• jas_il
    18 years ago

I think there is some confusion going on. The tracking number shows this result.
    -----------
    Label/Receipt Number: 0305 1720 0002 5486 6212
    Detailed Results:

Delivered, February 21, 2006, 9:39 am, TULSA, OK 74112
    Acceptance, February 16, 2006, 3:04 pm, SHELBY, OH 44875
    -------------
    On Feb 16th package was shipped from OH and it was received by clay lady on 21st. Not sure if package was shipped from OK by clay lady after Feb 21st. So please let me know. Package did not arrive to IL so far nor delivered it to me till today.

Jasmine

• jas_il
    18 years ago

I believe the confusion is with the location of Clay Lady. From the previous posts it looks clay lady is in OHIO not in Oklahoma. Please confirm if this is correct.

So the person in OK should send it to me.
    Thanks
    Jasmine

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Wow, I'm really confused. Who has the package now?

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Another question, does anyone have those famous tomatoe seeds their talking about on the tomatoe forums,

Earl's faux is the name.

The last question is, how many seeds is considered a fair amount of any type of seed? For example, if I have 20 seeds of Kellog's breakfast heirloom tomatoe is it ok to send 1/2 (10 seeds)? I've never been in a seed swap and want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks
    Maureen

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Got an e-mail and an adress request.

Clay Lady is on the receive...sorry about the confusion.

Package heading to OK.

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Bad detective work here on matching name, e-mail and nickname :(

We have several transactions yet...I won't leave anyone out...promise :)

Earl

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago
    1. Thanks clay_lady

Clay lady has had the pakeage...package is with goodylady in Oklahoma...so

Don in PA sent to Lynn (Clay Lady) in Ohio. Lynn sent to Dede (GoodyLady) in Oklahoma....phewwww :)

Dede is to send to Jasmine in Illinois and I have sent Dede the address...we should be ALL set.

So Jasmine YOU are ON the receive...how's that.

Dede in Oklahoma has the package...

• veeja11
    18 years ago

wow, It is getting closer, I can almost smell the pumpkin pie, all I need is to find some wolves to plant the seeds for me, I am getting my seeds ready, I wish I had some from my giant radish but won't get them till this year, got some other intertesting ones tho

• jas_il
    18 years ago

Sounds good :) waiting for the package to arrive.

• jas_il
    18 years ago

Earl,
    Do you have any info if package was shipped from Ok or not. Please let me know.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Dede (GoodyLady) in Oklahoma was e-mailed your address...no confirmation number or other correspondence.

Earl

• jas_il
    18 years ago

Package arrived today evening. Thanks goodylady. Maureen now you are next :)
    Jasmine

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Yesss! Can't wait. What's in the box??? Can't wait to get it.

Maureen

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Double checking: Maureen, do you have Carol's address?

and...take all the pumpkin pie seeds out before sending to Carol :)

JUST teasing!

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

HI Earl and everyone else. Yes, I have Carol's address. Pumpkin pie seeds....yummmm

promise to save some for you Carol.

Maureen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Thankyou, I have been waiting for them, i have some seeds from a 1000 lb pumpkin that I was going to trade for them. now no 1000 lb pumpkin for you Earl bad Earl waiting in Seattle
    Carol

• jas_il
    18 years ago

No pumpkin seeds of Earl were there :(

It had 17 packets. I've added few extras with it so now it has 24 packets. What's in the package Maureen asked? It's surprise :) wait till it gets there.

Today I will mail it out.
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    18 years ago

Sent the package off today evening.
    Confirmation No. 0305 2710 0001 0397 7595

Usps doesn't show it now but they may update it later.
    Thanks
    Jasmine

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

The envelope has arrived. I will get it out to Carol tomorrow. Carol, please email me with what veggies you are looking for. I have something special reserved just for Earl, and want to put something special in for you too.

Thanks Jasmine, and that was a good sport of you to up the count from 17 (??? it started with 30) to 24.

Maureen

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

The envelope is on it's way to Carol. Delivered to the post office today.

Maureen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

No seeds yet, maybe tomorrow.I need to get my garden started. come on seeds!!

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

I hope it's there for you tomorrow Carol.

Bye everyone, off to get married in St.Thomas

Be back next week,
    Maureen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I have robin and will mail her home tomorrow. no pumpkin pie seeds ;( carol

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'll look and see if I have more of the infamous pumpkin pie....I mean pie pumpkin seeds. Hopefully some originals...the ones I put away have a slight mold...I'll have to test germination %.

Thanks to all who were patient and made this happen....we even got a wedding out of it.

Earl

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Seeds are on the way home. did you get married Earl?
    did you have pumpkin pie at your reception? great robin thankyou Sir Earl.

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well Carol,
    the way I figure it out is...Maureen married some guy named Thomas or Saint Thomas. Someone stole all your seeds. I became a "SIR".

It indeed was a fun group...and the package actually went around the country...does it still smell like dill though? :)

• northernmich
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yeah, the package arrived, not smelling like dill :)

Thanks for all...almost time for me to start the indoor seedling trays here in snow laden northern Michigan....frost is still four inches down.

Thanks again to all!

Earl

• veeja11
    18 years ago

You did a great swap, looking forward to more. pat on the back. hugs carol