SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

They just couldn't wait for me....the babies fledged!!

dzyg
15 years ago

Ok, I finally had the time (Fri-Sunday) to watch the nestbox and sit down there (in the tent) to hopefully see the babies fledge. Yesterday around noon the babies were still in the nestbox, all was normal. I took my dd to a movie and when we got back I filled the feeder, called to the birds and noticed they went towards the nestbox but not to it. Hmmmmm. A couple times they went to it so I was thinking there was at least one still in the box and maybe some had fledged. The box is quite aways from the house and I have to watch it with the binoculars. I went down to try to get into the tent and ended up walking almost right up to this little one in a tree near the tent! I quickly snapped a few shots of it. There were three out of the nestbox already by this time. The parents were in such an uproar that other birds started coming to see what was up so I hightailed it out of there. If there was another one in the box yet they must have coaxed it out later, I beleive they are all in the woods now on the other side of the path from the nestbox. That is where they are taking the worms this morning anyway and where they seemed to be last evening too. Now comes more worrying about the little ones! Hopefully later next week sometime I will see all of them come to the feeder.

Donna

Comments (2)