SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnalovesblue

Babies Fledged But I Sense a Problem!

donnalovesblue
15 years ago

Early yesterday morning, they were still peeking in and out of the hole, and I thought the first was about to make it....unfortunately, a family emergency arose and I was in the ER with my Dad from 9am til 6pm (all is well!) When I got home, there was no activity at the nestbox, so I knew the babies had fledged during my absence...

This morning, Mom and Dad came immediately to the mealworm feeder when I called them, flew to a tree top and perched! I have been watching all morning, and so far have seen no sign of them feeding fledglings...I have removed the nest and it's exactly in the same condition as the first nest..smashed down, some poop and a few dead mealworms, but nothing out of the ordinary.

This is so unlike the first little group...while they didn't remain close to the house, I could watch Mom and Dad feeding them, with the binocs!

Everything may be OK, but something in my gut is telling me different, however, I have searched the front and backyard and see no evidence of any trouble...

Could this be a normal scenario or is there a possiblity something happened??? The first fledging is my only benchmark...It seems Mom and Dad should be busy feeding the kids, but I don't see them!!!!!

I need your feedback...thanks so much!

Donna

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting