SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahbender_gw

New to bluebirding...need advice

ahbender
12 years ago

Ok so I am very new to the details of bluebirding. I am really worried that I may have chased my bluebirds away! I am learning daily more of what I should and should not do. I just put up a mealworm feeding dish for my bluebirds (that have already had and fledged one brood so far). I placed it near the nest at a place on my fenceline where they like to perch. I have seen them eating them. Yesterday, I saw them rebuilding a nest in their birdhouse, as I had cleaned out the old one. I did check on their progress this morning around 9:30am to see if they had laid any eggs and then proceeded to put out a new batch of mealworms for them. I did not take long doing any of this. I did not see them at all today and it did not seem that (other than a Chameleon who ate one of the worms when I was watching) they ate any of these mealworms as they are still in the feeder. I feel badly as I know now I should not have checked the nest this morning and waited until the afternoon. Is it likely they are gone? Is is common at all to not see them for a day or so? I so hope they will be back as they were with us last year as well. I so appreciate any input as I am so concerned...I don't want them to be gone. ):

Comments (4)