SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annmarie_v

new home new lawn .. advice?

Annmarie_V
12 years ago

HI i recently just bought a beautiful new home in a subdivision where everyones lawn is picture perfect. this is my first home so i have no idea about lawn care i have a few questions..

first off i live in westchester NY .. 40 mins out of the City

and im stuck between certain blends of grass between the magnificent 3, galaxy and the galaxy plus i really dont know the difference between any of them. is their even a major difference ?? I usually just go to home depot and pick up a bag of scotts. but apparently i found on this forum that the 3 i just mentioned are much better.. I know i want a sod looking darkest green grass so what would you recommend and are these ok for the place i am living in.. i get plenty of sunlight

next my front lawn is .7 acres how many lbs of seeds would i need?

ive been comparing prices based on the websites i found on previous posts on this forum and superseedstore seems very expensive.. should i buy with them? and i found that rose agri seed is way cheeper.. are they also sell sod quality seeds i called today.. no answer

is their another distributor you could recommend that lives up to seedsuperstore quality but cheeper?

last questions.. i know this sounds pathetic but how do you plant grass seeds i thought you just put it in a seeder.. and push it around until your whole lawn is covered and it just grows but someone told me you only do that if their isn't already a lawn existent.. and i would have to pull up all the grass on my lawn and start over with dirt.. i was thinking maybe i can aerate my lawn and seed it like that....

suggestions??

as you can see i have no idea what to do

thank you soo much in advance for your help

Comments (2)