SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohsoblue77

neighbors release hosp from drst!!! ^$#!

ohsoblue77
11 years ago

This is a good lesson and fair warning to ANYONE using the DRST.

I was using and catching HOSP in mine and had about 7. A few with trimmed wings.

Today? THEY WERE ALL GONE FROM THE TRAP!

I even put a notice on the trap, the reason why the trap was out and my phone number.

I talked with one of the neighbors and they said they didn't agree with it. The husband was understanding but the wife threatened to call ASPCA on me! His husband kept her back but she continued to raise fuss over it.

The trap was on a property where I'm cooperating with my other neighbor to try and attract Purple Martins to his complex. It used to be filled with HOSP!

I'm 17 so it might not be as believable but I'm trying to do good for the natives. His wife (no offense women) is an example of why women always have to win an argument. I couldn't get it through her head. She is one of those who can't kill any animal, and I understand that. But it wasn't on HER PROPERTY. She had no right to this. Told me to get a new hobby. I came to terms with her husband that we could stay friends. She was all up in arms.

Another lesson. I just lost 7 HOSP that I will likely never trap again. This is what stings WORSE. I want to ask everyone, do YOU feel it is inhumane to use the DRST? People have argued about it to me. Now I'm worried she's gonna do something to my natives that are two properties over! Please, I want everyone to understand. It's not easy having this hobby at such a young age. People are skeptical, criticizing and can be INSULTING. It

s hard to be different. But I see these birds as you all do. Beautiful. The women is a nature lover and I understand, but I hadn't the time to deal with them at the moment.

I guess I shouldn't have taken the risk. I just got ripped of time and effort. Please LEARN from my mistakes! Be discreet with House Sparrows! Or you might be playing with fire! I'm so upset. They gave the ususal "oh, god put them here. You can't do anything. I be upfront and honest with religion. I'm Agnostic. NO, NOT ATHEIST! I hate to bring this discussion here. I just feel like I lost something. It's only nature. I almost had the HOSP completely under control. Now I'm considering putting warnings on my boxes because she said she'd destroy the trap/release the birds.

She won't listen to reason. Nothing I can do to change her mind. Just please get the message across.

~a very angry, upset Tim~

Comments (16)