SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

%#&*#$ hosp

dzyg
15 years ago

Gosh they start early don't they?? We have been HOSP free since last Fall. Now yesterday during the Great Backyard Birdcount who do I see/hear but a nasty HOSP checking out a nestbox in the yard, he even had a female with him. We don't see Bluebirds here until late March at the earliest and TRES dont usually show up until late April/early May so these HOSP would have a huge jump on nesting sites if they are checking them out already. When I saw the pair yesterday I immediately went out and put my inbox trap in the box he was checking, put a piece of grass hanging out and went into the house. A pair of Chickadees flew quickly to the box but the HOSP chased them away, not sure if they have been checking out the boxes too, I would assume so but haven't seen them around the boxes yet. Within the hour the male HOSP met Mr Van Ert and I removed the trap. Didn't see anymore HOSP yesterday then. This morning I am returning home after taking my daughter to school and what do I see but another male HOSP checking out another box! Within about another hour I introduced him to Mr Remington. Gosh I sure hope this isn't a preview of what is to come for this Spring but at least these two won't be harming any other birds.

Donna

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington